You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can’t resize canvas mode due to anchor points fly out obscured

This problem also appears in designer too apparently- exact same problem on that persons iPad Air 3.  My problem is that the anchor points box is not visible completely. It forces me to resize utilizing the 3 top points in the square. If I want to resize my pic ( ie creating an equal border) I cannot select the Centre of the box cause it’s obscured. 

It may only be a problem with iPad Air 3- which I have. 

Real drag as I used this for boarders pre 1.9

thanks

IMG_0911.jpeg

• Staff

Hello Awannaby,

We have ordered an Air 3 to test this on. Unfortunately it seems we had every iPad apart from this one. However, this is already with the developers despite us being able to reproduce it on other iPad devices. 

Can I ask if rotating the iPad makes a difference? 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Awannaby said:

Whats the next step?

You'll need to wait until affinity put out an update. In practice these releases can take some time depending on severity of bug and numbers effected.

2 hours ago, Awannaby said:

We would appreciate a speedy remedy.

If all you need to do is put a border around your photo, draw a rectangle slightly bigger than your image (size to suit border width). Fill rectangle with desired border colour. Place rectangle layer below image layer in layer studio. In Document menu/Canvas tap unclip canvas. Done.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 3 months later...

iPad 8th gen 10.2 user here, running IOS 14.7.1 with Affinity Photo 1.10. I was hoping the new release would resolve this issue, but sadly has not. I will attach a photo, but it a similar issue to the one posted on April 1. I can only select the 3 visible sections of the box to determine my canvas origin point. This also happens in landscape mode (photo #2) While frustrating when I increase the canvas (I can always move my layers around to a different corner on the canvas afterwards, it makes the app on the IPad practically useless for custom canvas crops. I would greatly appreciate getting this bug resolvedI really do not want to resort jumping to the desktop. 

56B02215-B3C3-4D58-9876-F08FB9E6ACF7.jpeg

9FA2A990-98BB-4C30-9BFA-31EBA7CF951F.jpeg

Edited by Jeffrey Raterink
Added additional photo

• 2 months later...
On 4/1/2021 at 1:27 PM, Chris B said:

We have ordered an Air 3 to test this on. Unfortunately it seems we had every iPad apart from this one.

This initially looked like an iPad Air 3 issue, but it clearly affects other models.

On 8/7/2021 at 1:28 AM, Jeffrey Raterink said:

iPad 8th gen 10.2 user here, running IOS 14.7.1 with Affinity Photo 1.10.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 months later...

So if I am understanding this, it seems to affect relatively modern iPads that still have the home button. Would it be possible this is a screen resolution ratio issue, since the affected iPads have similar dimensions to other iPads that did away with the home button, thus their resolution numbers might be different?

• 3 months later...

Sorry to hear this, I am still in the same boat as well without any bug fix and radio silence from the team other than the person that would relay it back to the developers. Based on the failures it appears that it occurs on the iPads with the home button, so maybe a scaling issue with the app? It is really frustrating because I want to use this app more and more on my IPad, but have to divert to my desktop (which I am trying to replace with the iPad) or resort to other apps capable of scaling properly. Either instance is not ab ideal solution and to wait years for a solution seems ridiculous. I understand the teams needs to sort out the big bugs, but maybe fix the others before a big update that still does not solve the issue. I would think it would be beneficial to the team to fix this so there would be the potential of wider deployment in education, who rely if the lower end home button based iPads. 

52 minutes ago, Jeffrey Raterink said:

Based on the failures it appears that it occurs on the iPads with the home button, so maybe a scaling issue with the app?

My iPad Air 2 (9.7-inch display, screen resolution 2048 by 1536 pixels at 264 ppi) has a home button, but I haven’t experienced the problem reported here. It seems that there must be something else at play.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

That’s good news @Alfred, but again the iPads in the thread affected are ones with the home button.

No matter the cause, this issue has been going on for over a year and there has been no resolution and very little response from the team. I really like the program and use it often - it is just personally frustrating that a select few of us cannot use this relatively basic functionality and need to find solutions elsewhere. 

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...