You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo Beta 1.3.5.4 Bug: Live Perspective Filter and Blend Mode

• Staff

Hi TDmah,

This is most likely due to the Live Perspective Layer having its own Blend mode that is set to normal by default. I have included a  screenshot of where you can find this Blend Mode dropdown.

Thanks

Callum

post-12469-0-53509500-1444644811_thumb.png

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Actually, I still think there is something buggy here.

The destructive perspective function behaves normally.

When using the Live Perspective Filter and playing around with the blend modes in the filter dialogue, the layer seems to interact with its own alpha channel (see the video).  This may well be intended behaviour, but seems odd to me.

But notice how changing the blend mode in the filter dialogue causes the blend mode to change in the layer panel, but changing the blend mode in the layer panel does not cause a corresponding change in the filter dialogue.

Regards,

Travis

Live Perspective Filter.zip

Hi Travis

This is a tricky one with perspective. I believe this is actually intended.

When adding perspective as a filter layer you are essentially dealing with two layers whilst the perspective tool only deals with one. The base layer (Donut in your case) will remain unchanged and the perspective will be altered as a separate layer. Therefore what you are seeing is the top perspective layer blending with the unchanged donut layer beneath it 

In terms of the dialog not updating the blend mode when chosen from the layer tab I have logged this issue

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.