You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Make a new layer and choose a brush means the beta hangs [1.9.2.228]

I am having a lot of trouble with this beta, I find that if I choose a brush from something other than the basic catagory after I make a new pixel layer (Command + Shift + N) then the application just hangs, cannot do anything else. Sometimes the pinwheel shows up sometimes it doesn't.

Have to force quit.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey Old Bruce,

Are the brushes from the other categories imported brushes or other brushes that come with the app?

I can't seem to reproduce this. 

All the brushes are the stock ones.

Try with a new from a preset CMYK document, I finally got it to seize up after making three rob docs and then a CMYK one where I could no make a new layer after painting with a brush on the first new layer. All pixel layers.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

39 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I still can't get it - I'll ask the team to see if they can reproduce. You seem adamant it's a CMYK doc so I'll emphasise that. Can you repo on the retail version by any chance? 

Does not happen in the retail,

CMYK, change to a different brush and nothing working starts to happen.

After some more futzing about I find that using a Preset with CMYK seems to be a guarantee of triggering this, not so much as a document converted to CMYK.

Seems like the newest beta has fixed this.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.