You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

10pt problems with Text >> Size >> Bigger / Precise Bigger

And the Oscar for the most weird bug goes to ... ME. :D

1. Write some text in a text frame in 10pt size and select the text or the text frame.

2. Use the menu Text >> Size >> Bigger/Smaller (or the corresponding keyboard shortcut if you use a non-German keyboard) once.

Result: Text size is now 10,1pt/9,9pt.

3. Use the menu Text >> Size >> Bigger/Smaller (or the corresponding keyboard shortcut if you use a non-German keyboard) again and again.

Result: Text size grows/shrinks now in 1pt steps. Similar results you get with Precise Bigger/Smaller.

Text sizes like 11, 12pt give no problems.

Second, not a bug, but a recurring nuisance: I do know that language aware keyboard shortcuts are a challenge, but please make this happen. Example: On a standard German keyboard <, > and | are on the same key and we have the keys Alt and Alt Gr. According to the current shortcut for Precise Text Smaller I have to press Ctrl+Alt+>. Pressing this combination leads to Justify paragraph: Last line left. Obviously Affinity is not able to differentiate between Alt and Alt Gr. Alt Gr is normally used for the third character on a key.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

I don't think this is a bug. It looks like Text, Size, Bigger/Smaller work as a percentage scaling rather than as a fixed increment value. I can see why it might be useful sometimes. From 1pt to 10pt it changes by 0.1pt, from 10.1 to 30 it goes up by 1pt, from 31 to 56 it goes up by 2pt and so on.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

• Staff

Hi @Joachim_L,

That's not a bug. @MickRose is bang on. The bigger / smaller is percentage based, so going bigger/smaller will never end up on the same value.

Say the increment was 25% to make things more visible. From a value of 100pt going down, you would end up with 75p. Now, going up one increment won't land you on 100pt, but on 93.7pt.  

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.