Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, you know how the Google Chrome sync works? It syncs ALL of your settings, extensions, theme, bookmarks, and literally everything in just one account (I don't know where they store it tho, maybe Google Drive), however, when it comes to the Affinity products, we don't have something like that (or at least I can't find it). I own the 3 apps on the Microsoft Store, and I think they probably can use Google Drive, OneDrive or a cloud app, just to save all our settings, brushes, resources, gradients, colors, and everything and sync it with the 3 apps. Listen, when I bought Affinity Photo, I had to move all my settings (performance and hotkeys for example), then I bought Affinity Designer (and I had to do the same, AND download my colors/swatches I believe that's how they call them, then import to Designer and when I open Photo and make a new swatch, then I have to add the swatch to Designer and Publisher), and then I bought Publisher and I just can't do that anymore. As I said, maybe they can use our own "space" from personal accounts from Google Drive, iCloud, OneDrive or something for a backup, then a settings option so we can decide which settings or resources want to sync, and now we can enjoy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, aleks97 said:

you know how the Google Chrome sync works? It syncs ALL of your settings, extensions, theme, bookmarks, and literally everything in just one account

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

The 1.9 beta has implemented a function that may provide a start to the synchronization you're looking for. In this early stage is will only synchronize content (brushes, assets, etc.) that you've purchased from the Affinity Store. But we do not know where it will go in future releases. In theory, Serif could use a similar mechanism to synchronize local settings and resources via your Affinity Store account, too.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 20H2 (19042.685),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop (2021-04-06):  32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz
, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
Affinity Photo 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.4.1065 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.4.1065 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.2.1024 Beta

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

The 1.9 beta has implemented a function that may provide a start to the synchronization you're looking for. In this early stage is will only synchronize content (brushes, assets, etc.) that you've purchased from the Affinity Store. But we do not know where it will go in future releases. In theory, Serif could use a similar mechanism to synchronize local settings and resources via your Affinity Store account, too.

Omg, I can't wait!!!! Thank you for the info, sir!! It will make everything like 99,999,999 times easier!! 😄

 

Just to leave my feedback for the team (without knowing the exact feature but just in case), the sync HAS TO work between different Affinity products (Photo, Designer and Publisher, so if I add a new swatch to a custom palette of Photo, then it automatically adds to Designer and Publisher, or if I move a setting of Performance, then it automatically changes to the same in Designer and Publisher)

AND

In the same product BUT different device, so if I go to my laptop with Windows 10 just installed, and if I download Photo from the Microsoft Store (I bought all of them there), then it syncs my settings and resources.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I came here to say the same thing! Even if it just worked across iPad apps that would be great. Having to install the same brushes and fonts each time in Designer and Photo make it a pain in the neck to work on the same project using the two apps for their specialized tasks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedBeard said:

Having to install the same brushes and fonts each time in Designer and Photo make it a pain in the neck to work on the same project using the two apps for their specialized tasks.

You only need to install fonts in one of the apps. It would be nice if the same applied to brushes and styles.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher for Windows 1.9.2 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.9.2 • Designer for iPad 1.9.2 • iPadOS 14.4.2 (iPad Air 2)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 10:28 AM, Alfred said:

You only need to install fonts in one of the apps. It would be nice if the same applied to brushes and styles.

Exactly that would be fabulous 🥳 Took me ages to download the around 3gb of brushes and textures of the for free offered bundles coming with 1.9 Store Sync feature in Affinity Designer on my iPad. Sadly I have to do the same again for Photo 🤯 would be nice if a DAM (Digital Assets Manager) could unify all this at least per device and then sync everything via new Store Sync 😻🚀 I hope Serif is secretly already working on that DAM 🤞

 just realized that I can at least export everything from Designer than import in Photo but all that sounds like a lot of duplication on disc direkt it? It literally screams for an additional app to unify not only sync but storage as well, don’t you think? 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CanRau said:

Took me ages to download the around 3gb of brushes and textures of the for free offered bundles coming with 1.9 Store Sync feature in Affinity Designer on my iPad. Sadly I have to do the same again for Photo 🤯

You do need to install them separately, but don’t you only need to download them once? :/

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher for Windows 1.9.2 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.9.2 • Designer for iPad 1.9.2 • iPadOS 14.4.2 (iPad Air 2)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alfred said:

You do need to install them separately, but don’t you only need to download them once? :/

If a user downloads them manually, downloading once works.

If the application is doing it, the file is downloaded, installed, and deleted. There's no way for the application to know another application may need it, and to keep the full download around.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 20H2 (19042.685),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop (2021-04-06):  32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz
, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
Affinity Photo 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.4.1065 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.4.1065 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.2.1024 Beta

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Alfred said:

You do need to install them separately, but don’t you only need to download them once? :/

 

7 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

If a user downloads them manually, downloading once works.

If the application is doing it, the file is downloaded, installed, and deleted. There's no way for the application to know another application may need it, and to keep the full download around.


As stated in my reply I can export the brushes/assets and then import, that’sa workaround to fix double downloads, still they’ll take up double the disc space even though they’re the same, which I believe could be solved if both apps could access storage of each other or have a separate assets app where all brushes, fonts, assets etc are stored and the main apps access them from 🥳

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CanRau said:

which I believe could be solved if both apps could access storage of each other or have a separate assets app where all brushes, fonts, assets etc are stored and the main apps access them from

Yes, but that's not available and Serif hasn't managed to do it.

 

2 minutes ago, CanRau said:

I can export the brushes/assets and then import, that’sa workaround to fix double downloads,

Yes, but that's a lot of manual work just to avoid some network traffic. Might make sense if you're on a metered connection, I suppose. Or something with extremely low bandwidth.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 20H2 (19042.685),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop (2021-04-06):  32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz
, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
Affinity Photo 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.4.1065 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.4.1065 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.2.1024 Beta

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Yes, but that's not available and Serif hasn't managed to do it.

 

Yes, but that's a lot of manual work just to avoid some network traffic. Might make sense if you're on a metered connection, I suppose. Or something with extremely low bandwidth.

Yea that’s what I meant by “it took ages” 😅

 anyways, just synced them in Photo as well, yet the assets are not showing ups as expected, assets studio is completely empty 😳🤔

I for example synced the “Sunlight Effect Overlays by Paper Farms” which came for free with 1.9, which is showing as expected in Designer, but not in Photo 🥺 what am I doing wrong? 
Maybe I should open another topic for this, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CanRau said:

anyways, just synced them in Photo as well, yet the assets are not showing ups as expected, assets studio is completely empty 😳🤔

I for example synced the “Sunlight Effect Overlays by Paper Farms” which came for free with 1.9, which is showing as expected in Designer, but not in Photo 🥺 what am I doing wrong?

Try clicking on the hamburger (settings) icon for the Assets panel, and adding a category. Then check the category pulldown and see if they have now appeared.

image.png.ea8080ecb3023d63262a74a6c22a620d.png

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 20H2 (19042.685),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop (2021-04-06):  32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz
, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
Affinity Photo 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.4.1065 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.4.1065 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.2.1024 Beta

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note there is currently a delay in replying to some post. See pinned thread in the Questions forum. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.