You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Perspective of Rounded Corners in Isometric

Welcome to the forums @Aimil_Arif

I can replicate and confirm this issue in 1.8.5 on Windows 10.
I can also replicate and confirm this issue with the latest beta 1.9.0.876.
This was discussed in May: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/115280-corner-radius-results-in-a-huge-difference-when-using-isometric-grids/
However, I don’t know if it was properly reported as an actual problem (bug) and no-one from the staff was in the discussion.

Doesn't the convert to curves effectively "Bake" the corners.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

The obvious answer would be because the corner tool remains circular and does not change to elliptical upon fit to plane, the logical option would be an isometric corner tool tied to the isometric panel, instead of trying to change the non isometric corner tool to isometric.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Yeah; it looks like the corners retain their original shape and size after fitting.
In my attached image, the black shape is the original, the blue shape was converted to curves before fitting to the top isometric plane, and the two red shapes were fitted to the top isometric plane without converting to curves.
As can be seen, the bottom corners of the red shapes correspond in shape and size to the bottom corners of the original black shape.
I don’t know what the best solution for this would be, but it’s certainly not what I would expect to happen and it could easily be missed – especially when the corners are small – making for a bad result.

Screenshot 2020-12-23 122618.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...