You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font not available

Mischugo

Font not available
Installed font is not available in Designer

In Afinity's other apps, yes. In all other apps on the computer yes.

Is this a feature or a bug?
The help file on the topic is also not correct as I see it.

Open the font management:
Select Manage Fonts from the Document menu.

In my version of Affinity Designer there is no
"Document menu"
Inappropriate wording maybe

Die Now Live Later - KMFDM

On 12/17/2020 at 10:21 AM, TP_Prof said:

When I select the Symbol font nothing happens - it stays as arial font. (on Mac - AD ver 1.8.6 MacOS Big Sur ) this is not a new problem. 

There are a limited number of glyphs 200 (with No Letters at all) in the Symbol font, the Arial font has over 3000. To use the symbols you would have to use the Glyph browser or have the arcane key combinations memorized.

If you type Hello World then you'll get whatever font you had been using prior to selecting the font, rather weird in my opinion. I would expect nothing to be entered and a system beep to sound.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thanks for the comment - Im sorry, but I am confused by what you are talking about. Ive found the Glyph Browser, and I see that I can inset a symbol that way. Thats very convoluted.  Why cant I just select the symbol font to  give me the greek letter tau when I type t ?  I have no idea what your Hello World comment means. 

13 hours ago, TP_Prof said:

Why cant I just select the symbol font to  give me the greek letter tau when I type t ? 

Because it is a unicode symbol outside of the usual Latin script used by keyboards. It isn't mapped to any particular key.

If you are on Mac you can add a greek input source and then just switch to that for typing tau τ by hitting the t key, and it will work with any font which contains greek language glyphs. Essentially that means most fonts, I would expect all of the ones from the Operating System and anything with over a thousand glyphs.

I am not sure about Windows OS.

1223846117_ScreenShot2020-12-20at7_24_29AM.png.ee3601e1bef8dc13ac887974f373b005.png

172586522_ScreenShot2020-12-20at7_23_02AM.png.2da3efeb4e0be052933effd4bfc49be2.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 3 weeks later...