You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I do this Arc in Affinity

There aren't such equally warping tools in APhoto like in Photoshop. - And ADesigner lacks such things completely in contrast to Illustrator.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

In PS I created the rectangle and using Transform > Warp and selected the Arc Preset and bent it to 26%, (Note: setting to 100% gets you a 180º arc) then I copied the arc as an SVG and pasted it into Photoshop and used the donut to try and align it to the SVG shape. See image below for settings using the donut tool in Affinity Photo.
image.png.fa3481f7c7d88590e06ece54a96571e4.png

Got the size wrong so this is a revised version, this is as close as I can get by eyeballing it.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Such things have to be done with third party apps like Photopea which offers similar bend arc options like PS. Then export from that as SVG and import into APhoto or ADesigner.

rect_arc_bend.jpg.2394ffb60251bff47b02d2523a663ac5.jpg

Even better would be to do it directly in PS/Ai and the export the whole in an exchangable manner for reuse in Affinity apps (PDF/SVG as vectors) !

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

That I can do, but what I need to do is take a rectangle and bend it to the right shape.

So I create the rectangle of 17cm x 9.5cm, and bend it with an arc of 26%

Ok. Getting closer. As my math ability is almost nonexistent, but I'm getting it.

As I've mentioned. I'm looking for a solution that others can use to creating a segment of an arc. 

I'm using the pie shape. With this image I've got the segment nearly right although set it to 24% when it should be 26%. I'll re-do it later.
The other problem is getting the pie to begin in the right location on the canvas.

So let's see.

Project canvas size. 30 x 20 cm

Segment rectangle size. 17 x 9.5 cm

Segment ARC. 26%

As I used 24% these numbers are a little out.

Circumference of circle is 132 cm for the outer edge. Radius of inner circle 11.3 (Circumference 71) + 9.5 .

So the Pie size is set to 132 x 132 I'm square.

The rest is in the image attached.

With still a lot of work to do. The blue shape is the 24% segment of the full pie.

8D696C97-EFF4-40EB-A988-50412F356ADA.png

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS 

@Affinity-Inspiration

19 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

Thanks. That's no help to me sorry. I want to be able to do this in affinity photo. Also, I can't understand what measurements I'm supposed to put in that calculator?

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS 

@Affinity-Inspiration

2 hours ago, HarryMcGovern said:

Sorry, the measurements are in inches. Not cm or px.

Nope, cm is used in your "latté mug template" example here!

The initial rect (w=17 cm, h=9.5 cm) would probably then have the following sizes afterwards (after bent with 26% into a curved one) at 300 dpi  ...

arc_rect.jpg.a3cd73dbbda74afdc7d91bfcadcb8f50.jpg

aphoto_screen.jpg.6c82760527d2b86402ac9756410370df.jpg