You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Anchors Shared with TOC entries disappear

Hi

I have noticed that if I add an anchor to a heading then hyperlink these anchors to areas on a map all works well. If I then update the TOC it removes all the Anchors that are on headings and breaks the hyperlinks.

This works as expected in 1.8.4 the anchors do not get removed, both the hyperlinks and the TOC work correctly. I am not hyperlinking to the TOC just to text boxes on a map. 

Further poking around - this only happens if I do not select Include as PDF Bookmarks in the TOC panel ... I don't want these as bookmarks 😀

3 hours ago, Murfee said:

I have noticed that if I add an anchor to a heading then hyperlink these anchors to areas on a map all works well. If I then update the TOC it removes all the Anchors that are on headings and breaks the hyperlinks.

Just to be clear, are you:

1. Adding the hyperlink to the heading in the TOC (that is, manually editing the contents of the TOC); or
  2. Adding the hyperlink to the heading on the document page?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt, adding to the document page heading. I understand TOCs so not trying to add there, but refreshing the TOC is deleting the anchors added to the page headings. It might be due to the bookmark feature and anchors might need to be treated differently now.

Hi

I have got quite a few files created in previous versions that have Hyperlinks to Anchors that were manually added to Headings in the document pages, these files are ongoing and will need adding to and the TOC updating, currently updating the TOC is breaking these Hyperlinks, this is a problem.

For some reason I am not getting a warning in Publisher that I am opening a file from a previous version and would I like to create a copy.

Mojave on MBP.

32 minutes ago, Murfee said:

For some reason I am not getting a warning in Publisher that I am opening a file from a previous version and would I like to create a copy.

As I remember it was not a warning about opening a file from a previous version, but about using the beta to open a file created by a non-beta version. I do not see those messages, either, using the 1.9 beta of Publisher to open a file created in 1.8.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

As I remember it was not a warning about opening a file from a previous version, but about using the beta to open a file created by a non-beta version. I do not see those messages, either, using the 1.9 beta of Publisher to open a file created in 1.8.

You are correct Walt, the message was a warning about opening a file created in a release version, this warning is not happening in the 1.9 betas, if you save any changes made in the beta, easily done if there is no warning first, then they will not open in the release...not good 😟 

The warnings are there for Photo

• Staff

Further poking around - this only happens if I do not select Include as PDF Bookmarks in the TOC panel ... I don't want these as bookmarks 😀

I can see why, we are auto generating anchors to headings so we remove any when disabling this option, but this is removing user added ones too.

I'll pass this on.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.