You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Second full issue of Skin Art done COMPLETELY with Affinity Publisher, Affinity Photo, and Affinity Designer. This issue went smoother than the last and part of that is due to converting my library of Postscript fonts to Open Type (I posted earlier this year about problems with fonts in Photo and Designer and a bit in Publisher ( https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/125130-strange-text-box-problem/&tab=comments#comment-688016 ). Happy to say that the proofing process with the printer went even quicker with a lot less technical issues. For those that are interested, it's available for order online and will be available in-stores on November 10th.

Thanks again to Serif for giving me an excellent and professional alternative to adobe. Never going back.

SkinArt175Cover_1.jpg

SkinArt175AutumnOpenSpread.jpg

SkinArt175Autumn2.jpg

SkinArt175MusicInkOpener.jpg

SkinArt175OverkillOpeneSpread.jpg

SkinArt175Overkill2.jpg

SkinArtHeidiOpeningPage.jpg

SkinArt175HeidiPeirceOpeningSpread.jpg

SkinArt175HollieOpenSpread.jpg

SkinArt175AlisaKingOpener.jpg

Most excellent work. I ran out of likes today, but I would have liked to give them. There is coherence in the artwork, which isn't an aspect applied too often. It makes imagery settle easy in the mind of the observer. A perceptive approach is what appeals to those that prefer to venture beyond the obvious surface matter.

Home: https://vectorwhiz.com  : : : :  Portfolio blog: https://communicats.blogspot.com

43 minutes ago, VectorWhiz said:

Most excellent work. I ran out of likes today, but I would have liked to give them. There is coherence in the artwork, which isn't an aspect applied too often. It makes imagery settle easy in the mind of the observer. A perceptive approach is what appeals to those that prefer to venture beyond the obvious surface matter.

Thanks VW, much appreciated. Every issue I set out to insure that the design doesn’t overwhelm or distract from the tattoos. At the same time the design has to hold up and relate to the art and artists.