You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I often need to move two or more curve nodes at the same time. What often happens is the nodes may have their adjustment handles coincident with the node so when you want to move it the pointer picks up the handle rather than the node and instead of moving the node you transform the shape.

My suggestion is that AD recognizes more than two nodes being selected and makes their handles inactive. I can't conceive of a situation where you would want to adjust a handle whilst having selected two or more nodes. Am I making sense?

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Hi MEB,

LOL I've already been doing that and use it frequently. However there are times when...

What is the smallest nudge that can be made to a node., snapping etc? Is it at the pixel level?

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Jackamus, FYI I fairly frequently have 2 or even more curves selected when adjusting control handles.  If I have a couple shapes that share a common portion of the curve and I need to tweak them then I do a cmd + A to get all handles on all selected shapes visible so I can adjust all to keep the path identical. 

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

I understand that but in my case sometimes the handle may be right on top of the node and If I want to move the node and click on it  then it is the handle that get selected rather than the node. This tends to happen when a straight line is involved.

Using the curser keys, as MEB suggested, is OK if you want to move a group of selected nodes horizontally or vertically but to move them at an angle requires twice as much key-tapping. It would be so much easier to just drag them.

Are we still reading from the same hymn-sheet?

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0