You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Terminates Frequently

billbyrnes

Photo version 1.8.5.703, Intel Core I7 3960X, 32 GB RAM, NVidia RTX 2080 Super with 8GB VRAM

Photo will terminate quite unexpectedly and fairly frequently. There are no dmp files created nor recordings of the termination in the windows logs, so I am not able to attach much to this post. I am suing a Canon 70D with CR2 raw files. App termination happens most frequently when developing the raw file, but also happens with a converted afphoto file.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Bill Byrnes

3ba01282-8abe-49cc-9c9d-131e35392adf.dmp

Edited by billbyrnes
Just found the dmp file.

Thanks for the reply. I uninstalled the nVidia Studio driver as well as GE Force Experience. I let Windows 10 install it's own nVidia driver. So far I have not had any crashes. Unfortunately, there are some decided performance differences, speed and visual quality wise in other applications (Davinci Resolve, PhotoShop, and Avid Media Composer). I would request that Serif contact nVidia and resolve the problem so that the new drivers from nVidia will work.

I will continue to test Affinity Photo with the Win 10 supplied driver and report back if there are any other problems.

Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

Bill Byrnes

billbyrnes@live.com 

In recent days, Affinity Photo has stopped opening all files, unless I try over and over. In addition, it often will not save files. In both cases, it simply exits itself, that is the program terminates with no command to do so. It is almost impossible to load any image files. I tried clearing to default settings to no avail. Is this something to do with the new Windows update? 

Jeremy:

Do you have an nVidia card. If so, see my post above. If you uninstall the nVidia driver and let Windows 10 install the driver, it should fix your problem. I have not had any problems since I let Windows 10 install the driver (an older version still built by nVidia).

Thanks,

Bill Byrnes

I have the latest graphic drivers. My computer is a year old Dell Inspiron, and updates automatically. I checked to see anyway that it has the latest drivers.

What happens exactly is:. 1) If I try to open any file with Affinity , the dialogue box for browsing to files TRIES to open up, then freezes for 5 or 10 seconds, then the program terminates. 2) Using file explorer, I CAN open a file in Affinity if I use the "open with" function in file explorer program. If I try to save or export this file, however, the program terminates. I have never had this problem before, although I have had sporadic sudden crashes of the program where it terminates unexpectedly. I don't seem to have an nVida driver. I do have a new Samsung Flash Drive. Could the driver in that be interfering? 

My version of Affinity is a year old. Is that the 1.7 or 1.8 version. I will update to 1.8 if I don't already have it. 

Edited by Jeremy Batterson