You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Images corrupted when loading or zooming

Caliente

I'm working with ~50 300DPI images, after some time some of them become all blurry. It is as if they were being loaded just like whenever I open the file again after a reboot of my computer. Some of them will load if I scroll through the pages, some however won't load at all no matter what. I think I have plenty of RAM and even if that were the case they will load eventually. 

The images that don't load aren't always the same, seems to be random. I've embedded the images to the file and there's no difference if they are linked or not. I've changed from Open GL rendering to Metal but that appears to have nothing to do with this. They remained corrupted even after an export.

1566675712_ScreenShot2020-08-20at14_44_54.png.fdf172898a39a2622122403fc5691e8d.png

I am not seeing this on Mac OS 10.14.6. I have 64 GB ram. There is a brief blurring of all the 'glyph' drawings as I go from page to page but the images are all clear after a couple of seconds. None look anything like your screenshot.

I looked at a basic PDF export and it all looks fine there too.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

59 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I am not seeing this on Mac OS 10.14.6. I have 64 GB ram. There is a brief blurring of all the 'glyph' drawings as I go from page to page but the images are all clear after a couple of seconds. None look anything like your screenshot.

I looked at a basic PDF export and it all looks fine there too.

I'm using Catalina. When I open the file I can see at the top of the app the message "loading 16 images". Sometimes it is 18, sometimes 26 but the message remains there after a while. I have 12gb of RAM but usage tops at 8gb.

also had a 'Preflight Warning' about images being too low resolution. I think it was only four or five of them.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.