You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer export to PDF

Hi, recently i got an issue exporting to PDF. I got almost exactly the same but the only drawing I did in Designer the color is wrong. (the color is made in designer with a pixel layer painted with a specific watercolor brush).
I upload the resulting image that shows the difference between the Designer file and the exported PDF.
Also the Affinity Designer document Color settings and the PDF export settings.

There are a few features that the software is lacking that im a little bit surprised: like page (artwork) automatic page numbering and text overflow removal or even a multitext flow.

Any advice or tip would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Leandro

affinitydesigner_1.jpg

affinitydesigner_2.jpg

affinitydesigner_3.jpg

Edited by Leandro Giorni

What software do you use to view the PDF in? Also if you can upload the file here it will be easier to assist. :)

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

3 minutes ago, Leandro Giorni said:

Im using Sumatra PDF as stated in the other post! 🙈

Im uploading the example pdfPitch_doc4.pdf

Good old lightweight Sumara 🙂

Well, the faded colours are certainly real in the PDF. We are not dealing with monitor profiles. Hm.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Grabbed colours from the screen and exported with the exact same settings:

image.png.6341aaaae2809a1f27b3af9464854ba3.png

copy.pdf

Any clues, @MikeW ?

10 minutes ago, Leandro Giorni said:

I'm not sure what could cause it. As I said, I painted in a pixel layer, maybe something about that?

The affinity designer file is here

Allright finding ONE... if I rasterize the layer prior to exporting the file the export looks correct. If I just export it, I get the faded version.

6 minutes ago, Leandro Giorni said:

I imagined that would be the problem, so there is an issue with the pdf exporter.
I got my exporter settings to rasterize all and didnt work either. But if I rasterize each layer in the editor does export correctly.

Yes it must be a bug - it is pretty weird behavior. 

Layers vs rasterized:

last.pdf

I updated to version 1.8.4.693 and it has the same issue.  I can confirm that the problem is using masks on the pixel layers. If I delete the mask on the pixel layer the result is identical to the one in the editor.

affinitydesigner_4.jpg

Edited by Leandro Giorni
tested version 1.8.4.693