You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[ SOLVED ] text on path - how to make the line disappear?

Hi there,

I have imported an .idml file to Affinity but all texts on cover that are 'curved' disappeared, so I am trying to reconstruct them following a tutorial on text on path. The problem is... after so much work to recreate the texts, the line used as base remains and I could not figure out how to make it invisible! Tutorial does not mention what to do to avoid this to happen. on the right panel, I have put 'decorations' settings to Outline Syle None, but the lines are still there. When exporting to .tiff, the thin line appears, so I assume it will appear when the book is printed. Any idea how to fix this??

affinity line.png

1810354001_ScreenShot2020-07-29at8_12_06AM.png.ac490a4cfcf057b026fea1e32ccb1cdd.png

1387130053_ScreenShot2020-07-29at8_12_53AM.png.f84da2a3ea989c92634d7a745498e8d8.png

This is counter-intuitive in that we are not thinking Text Frame but are thinking Path You have to select the layer and then go to View > Studio > Text Frame and then set the Stroke to none.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.