You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Redraw Problem in Affinity Publisher

Not really related but related to your screenshot

Aktivitätsanzeige

The CPU display changes quite soon when you leave APub and switch the app or mac 'space'. To see it over time you might want to use its history panels, accessible with cmd-3 and cmd-4.

979951074_aktivitymonitorGPUCPUhistory.thumb.jpg.07a7451407dbbcc3da70dd49f3b9c472.jpg

@Jon P, different to other apps Affinity prevents here unexpectedly the macOS app's history panels to stay in foreground ("CPU-window... foreground"), otherwise we would see the left green dotted graphs on top of the Affinity UI, without the need to switch the app.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

Apologies, I was away from work for a short while.

This mainly seems to be a resource issue, the afdesign file contains many, many curves and resizing this as shown in the video is quite an intensive task, so the redrawing artifacts that are visible are due to this.

Can you take a screenshot of your Preferences > Performance tab? The RAM allocation should be near max and if possible it should be using metal, this should help speed things up a bit if they aren't already set.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

On 8/10/2020 at 12:12 PM, Jon P said:

Apologies, I was away from work for a short while.

This mainly seems to be a resource issue, the afdesign file contains many, many curves and resizing this as shown in the video is quite an intensive task, so the redrawing artifacts that are visible are due to this.

Can you take a screenshot of your Preferences > Performance tab? The RAM allocation should be near max and if possible it should be using metal, this should help speed things up a bit if they aren't already set.

No worries 😁 I know that it's a complex vector with many curves, but added to this that redraw issue also happens, if I only use the "Boba Fett" and the group with one shape + text...
By the way, thank you for your effort and help!
Here are my settings for Affinity Publisher:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-12 um 11.26.32.png

On 7/27/2020 at 3:14 PM, Leon Munz said:

In the video you can see, that it doesn't work...

I noticed in your screen grab, you have snapping turned on, If you have lots of vector points in your doc, I'd suggest switching off snapping which usually speeds things up for me -

Worth a shot! 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk