You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello!
I have been using AD for many years now and I am very pleased!
Why during export an additional pixel? 
For example: a square of 110x110
Export: 111x110 

This happens very often (

Version AD: 1.8.3, El Capitan 10.11.6

1.png

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Look at the X coordinate of your object. You'll see that it is not an integer, and that is what gives you the extra pixel.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

What you can do is enable Snapping, and within the Snapping options, enable Force Pixel Alignment. You may (or may not) want to also enable Move by Whole Pixels. Opinions seem divided over that.

The important thing is that you do this at the very beginning of a project, and that you avoid using the Opt key (Mac) or Alt key (Windows) to  override the snapping when you move or duplicate objects.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

12 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

You may (or may not) want to also enable Move by Whole Pixels. Opinions seem divided over that.

It's not really a matter of opinion. When Force Pixel Alignment is enabled, Move By Whole Pixels must be enabled if the user wants to preserve an offset from the document pixel grid when moving an already offset object.

13 minutes ago, anon2 said:

It's not really a matter of opinion. When Force Pixel Alignment is enabled, Move By Whole Pixels must be enabled if the user wants to preserve an offset from the document pixel grid when moving an already offset object.

Yes, but for most problem reports the users are wanting objects to stay pixel aligned, and in that situation you would want the "Move by Whole Pixels" option off, generally.

Where opinion comes in, is that some users seem adamant that the option should be on, and others that it should be off.

-- Walt
PC:

4 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Yes, but for most problem reports the users are wanting objects to stay pixel aligned, and in that situation you would want the "Move by Whole Pixels" option off, generally.

Where opinion comes in, is that some users seem adamant that the option should be on, and others that it should be off. [bold is my emphasis]

When Force Pixel Alignment is enabled and an object is already aligned to the document pixel grid, the status of Move By Whole Pixels becomes irrelevant when moving the object - the object will stay aligned to the document pixel grid regardless of the status of the switch or people's opinions.

On 5/30/2020 at 6:55 AM, walt.farrell said:

Where opinion comes in, is that some users seem adamant that the option should be on, and others that it should be off.

Personally, I would prefer that it was off by default (IOW, that clicking Force Pixel Alignment did not also automatically enable Move by Whole Pixels).

That said, IIRC in some earlier versions of AD this was not a "sticky" setting but now it seems to be -- once I enable Force Pixel Alignment & then disable Move by Whole Pixels, toggling on & off Force Pixel Alignment does not also auto-enable Move by Whole Pixels.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 hours ago, bures said:

See 

Yes, that's the issue we're talking about. You need to make sure your artboards are on integer X/Y pixel coordinates, in addition to having integer pixel dimensions.

-- Walt
PC: