You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

It would be nice to be able to set the default units, and units of rulers, text, stoke, etc. independently. When working on files that I previously did in Illustrator, it always opens them up with pixels as the unit of measurement.

Although I like my rulers in inches, I like to work with text and strokes in mm. I am able to do that in illustrator and works great for my workflow.

• 1 year later...

There is a preference in User Interface section which has a couple of checkboxes. Show Text... Show lines... in points they are by default checked, uncheck them.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have this same request.

For another idea, could there be a feature that allows you to override units that are set at the document level?  For example, I *always* want to work in mm, never in points or pixels even though my SVG files are saved that way. It would save me the frustration of having to click the ruler or document to change, which interrupts my creative thought process every time I open an SVG document, which is frequently.

@GregsMC

Who is stopping you from creating your own templates?

There you can set your favorite unit of measurement and all other document units.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

52 minutes ago, Komatös said:

@GregsMC

Who is stopping you from creating your own templates?

There you can set your favorite unit of measurement and all other document units.

Time and sanity. I have about 1000 SVG documents that used to work fine in Adobe Illustrator, auto defaulting to millimeters. I don't want to have to re-create new documents for all those. So having the app just use my default preferred units would be fantastic and a huge time saver. 

• 2 months later...