You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Circular diagram + arrows + text on path?

You can start with a doughnut. Mark its center of rotation. Transform into a portion of donut the length of a shape (total of the 60° angle). Convert to curves and add a knot at each end to draw the tips.
Move the center of rotation to that of the complete donut, "Ctrl/Cmd + J", type 360/6 in the "Rotation" window of the "Transform" tab of the studio and do "Ctrl/Cmd + J" 4 more times to form the whole shape.
For the text you can duplicate the portions and convert them to text path.

2020-04-30_122623.png

• 3 months later...

Hi! 

Just registered for help! I'm using the 10 day free trial (and LOVING it) but quite a steep learning curve. This post has exactly the question I need answered. I'm actually trying to recreate the 'Captcha I am not a robot' arrows. Unfortunately, I don't understand the response from @G13RL. I got the donot tool, and the centre of rotation, but:

"Transform into a portion of donut the length of a shape (total of the 60° angle)"

has me stumped.

Could someone please elaborate?

TIA/D

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Ducati. :)

When you use the Donut Tool you’ll see controls for the ‘Start Angle’ and the ‘End Angle’ on the Context toolbar. For the grey reCAPTCHA arrow, set the start angle to 180° and the end angle to 315°; for the light and dark blue arrows, set the start/end to 90°/180° and 0°/90° respectively. You’ll also need triangles for the arrowheads: I used squares cut in half diagonally.C0105594-19DF-43F3-A0C4-CBA57356D760.jpeg.7e2d0235d841efa731a19f23f8f00fdb.jpeg
Now all you need to do is line up the triangles with their partners: top left of the donut segment for the grey one, top right for the light blue one, and bottom right for the dark blue one.

CBF89F81-D255-4E41-BA34-AC2473A566B2.jpeg.a79968825259d692cc4ddadce5b09a49.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

16 minutes ago, Ducati said:

Thanks so much for your response and help Alfred. Now makes perfect sense!

You’re welcome. :)

16 minutes ago, Ducati said:

Have a great weekend!

You too!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)