You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I"m having an ongoing problem with Affinity photo 1.8.2 on a MacBook pro running the latest version of Catalina. With a jpeg some of the adjustments aren't working - I tried them all and I'd say around half. So no changes whatsoever with about half the adjustments which makes the application unusable. If I work on another jpeg things will be fine for a while then some of the adjustments start to play up. I was going to upload an .af file but it's too big. Anybody else having this problem and are there any solutions? Thanks 

Firstly, it would help if you gave your post a meaningful title, such as "Adjustments not working". Anyway, here are some suggestions, in no particular order:

Have you tried using the latest version, 1.8.3, to see if this resolves your problem?

It would help if you listed the adjustments that do work and those that do not.

You say your image is a jpeg. Strictly, a jpeg is an image storage format, not an on-screen or display format. Can you please confirm that your image layer is in Pixel format. The layer name should include the word (Pixel). If not, then use Layer > Rasterise and see if the adjustments work.

Are you viewing the result of your adjustments at 100%? Sometimes lower magnifications do not show properly.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

I've had a couple of occassions when random "stuff" stopped working in AP.  Resetting by pressing <ctrl> while the program starts has fixed it.  I assume the reset's the same on macOS, just substituting <cmd> for <ctrl>.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

2 hours ago, IanSG said:

I've had a couple of occassions when random "stuff" stopped working in AP.  Resetting by pressing <ctrl> while the program starts has fixed it.  I assume the reset's the same on macOS, just substituting <cmd> for <ctrl>.

No, on Mac it is still the Control key.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.