You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I drew a pixel art in affinity designer using layers.

I'm looking for a way to make several versions with different palette of coloration.

Basically I could generate the color palette from the coloring layer by exporting it, then import palette from image.

Is there a way to edit the palette colors and affect the drawing, like if each color in palette is bound to that color location in the drawing.

Then is there a way to switch palettes for drawings that have the same colors ? 

Example of usecase:

> I draw a cat with 8 colors palette for gray cat.

> I create new brown cat palette by editing the gray template

Next

> I draw a dog with the gray palette

> then have the possibility to apply the brown palette

Thanks

Wouldn’t it be easier to just apply a HSL adjustment layer or a Recolour adjustment layer. You can duplicate the adjustment layers and nest them under the drawing to affect only that drawing.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Or, as another alternative, if you have the same drawing in two color palettes, you could create a LUT adjustment that could be used on other drawings made with the first palette.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi guys thank you for your prompt reply,

@firstdefence that would work if it's about applying the same changes, but I'm basically editing the pixel palettes, HSL or Recolour is doesn't give the freedom to change each pixel apart

@walt.farrell LUT is somehow the same to applying filters, how can I generate a LUT that produce the new palettes ?

Please let me know if I misunderstood those two tools.
But, here is an illustration to clarify what I'm doing, this is done for a dozen of pixel art images:
The images 1.2.3...etc are using palette1, then I need to apply the new palettes to all other images.

NB: the new palettes are edited by hand not generated by a filter or effect.
Thanks,

testing.png