You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Macros to resize to a fixed maximum or minimum

John Rostron

Some time ago I created a set of macros to resize an image to a fixed maximum size, as described here. Recently @DanThePhotoMan asked about resizing to a fixed minumum size here. I have revisited these macros and created two sets, one resizing to fixed maximum size and the others to a fixed minimum size. They are all based on the following sequence for the maximum set:

Layer > Unlock
Layer > Rasterize and Trim

Filter > Distort > Equations        Enter the following in the x and y fields, substituting your own maximum size, then Apply
   (x/MAXSIZE)*max(h,w)
   (y/
MAXSIZE)*max(h,w)
Document > Clip Canvas
Layer > Rasterize

Select > Alpha Range > Select Partially Transparent
Edit > Fill> Inpainting
Select > Deselect

Where MAXSIZE is from the following pixel sizes: 640, 800, 1000, 1280, 1600, 2000.

The set to resize to minimum is similar except that it uses min(w,h) instead of max(w,h) in step 3 (Equations).

There is also a pair of macros to resize to an arbitrary size (up to 4000px). This macro pauses to allow you to enter a parameter a. It is convenient to enter this parameter in the form of MAXSIZE/4000, where MAXSIZE is the maximum (or minimum) required size. For example, if you wanted to resize to 3000px, you would enter 3000/4000, which evaluates to 0.75. (You could enter 0.75 if you wanted.)

Note that the resizing algorithm in the Equations process is not defined.

Here are the macros as a library (.afmacros) file.

Resize.afmacros

John

@Traveler @Gnobelix @affwin @firstdefence

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 4 months later...

Thank you John, I haven't taken all that in yet (to early lol) 
But at a glance , resizing is not my problem in a macro. Setting "export'' into a macro seems the impossible task . Yep; I'm lazy and an extra click is just too work rof lol
Will look more closely latter :)