You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tethered shooting support

• 2 years later...

Hello

I wonder if this situation has changed with recent releases of Affinity Photo.  (It could be there but I haven't yet found out where it is!!)

I am shooting with a Fujifilm GFX 50S and also with a Sony A7Rii, although my main interest is in shooting tethered with the Fuji camera and seeing the images on my desktop or laptop computer screen virtually immediately as I shoot.  Both cameras support this feature, via suitable software.

Information/comments would be appreciated.

Trevor

Thank you for the reply.  Pity.  I certainly hope that they will add it to a future release.  Meanwhile, I will research other software.

I am now looking at On1 RAW, which apparently has added support for Fuji X cameras to the tethered support that it previously offered for Nikon and Canon cameras.  However, the program also includes many other editing tools (noise reduction, colour correction, etc) which I do not need, as I have them with Affinity Photo.

I definitely didn't want to spend money on other software, if tethering were possible within Affinity Photo, but I just hadn't found it yet.

To correct my previous posting: the information that I had read on line yesterday is clearly wrong: On1 RAW does not support tethered streaming for Fuji cameras.  I wrote to On1 RAW to ask, and received the following reply:

Hello, 
Thank you for contacting ON1 Support.

We do not have support for tethered shooting with Fuji cameras.

Currently only Canon and Nikon cameras.

We appreciate your interest in ON1 PHOTO RAW and are always looking for valuable user feedback and suggestions.

I have forwarded on your comments to our product team for further review and consideration.

For future reference, please visit our ON1 Photo RAW page for feedback and feature requests where you can submit ideas that are then voted on by the community for possible inclusion in a future release.

https://www.on1.com/products/photo-raw/ideas/

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Stevie | Tech Support & QA Engineer

• 7 months later...