You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layer opacity box annoyance

This is actually for all Affinity apps. I've tried it in all 3, including the betas...

When I click in the layer opacity box and change the value, I press return and the new value takes hold. What's annoying is that the box remains selected. So if I start using the keyboard for something else, like arrow keys to nudge the layer position or V to change to the arrow tool, nothing happens because the app still thinks I want to type into the layer opacity box.

It would be great if Affinity apps would register the return as "I'm done" and not have that selected anymore. The only way out of it that I can see is to click somewhere else in the Layers panel. This is another extra step and over time these things slow me down. This might also happen in other panels as well.

This appears to be related to another thread about the permanent active attention of the opacity value box ("field"? what's the correct English term?) which takes numbers typed somewhere else as meant to be as opacity value.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.