You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The tools are very small on my screen. How can one change the size? The help file tells in the program options and there is a tab where one bellieves, he can change the size, but I can’t. There is selected »very small« and it’s impossible to change this. But so it i near,y impossible to use the tools. Is there a solution for this?

I think that he is saying that no matter what he selects, it doesn't change the UI Tool size.  I have to concur,  When I get into my preferences and change the default UI Size, It doesn't change anything either.  

But I'm not going to get all bent out of shape and tell you the program is worthless!  It's simply something that needs to be looked at.

• Staff

Hi Signguy,

That option - UI Tool Size - is for changing object's controls on canvas. Draw a path on canvas with the Pen Tool and keep it active then change that option in Preferences. Look at the nodes, you will see the difference. It was never meant to change the size of the icons in the interface. I think the label we are using is misleading.

Yes, it is misleading.  I thought it was a non-working tool icon changer too.  Just tried it on the handles and yup, it changes them.  However, no matter what size you select, the blue outline stays around the Smallest selector.  The selected one does go a dab darker but the blue outline would make you think nothing is happening.

I had no idea that UI tool size was for changing the objects control size.  I really thought that it was for changing the applications icon size.  

I am also getting a blue outline around the Smallest button using Yosemite 10.10.4.  Hitting tab changes to the next size on my system but that might because I changed the way the tab key changes focus in the keyboard system preferences.

post-4966-0-84961700-1437023947_thumb.png

After hittingTab to MOVE the blue rectangular selection, you have to hit Space Bar to actually "click" and activate that selection. Or you can just click on it with the mouse :P

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17