You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

text design on Affinity Desktop.

Hi, guys can you please help? I design something in Affinity. After the design, the vector looks very great but the text looks blurry after exporting it and I'm scared cause it is for t-shirt printing. Do you guys please have an idea of how to make the text very great for T-shirt printing or for anything after exporting it? I send a design so that you can help? And I usually export my design to PNG format and 300 DPI to print on t-shirts.  I also export to selected without background or to 7632 px to 6480 px. 

Hope.afdesign

What format and size did you export to? PDF, SVG, and EPS (for example) are vector formats. PNG, TIFF, and JPG are raster formats.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

43 minutes ago, socialconnection said:

Can you please check the message  I include all of the info. 

Sorry; Didn't read carefully enough.

As MEB says, you're exporting to a raster format file, so your vector text is rasterized. If you zoom in beyond 100% it's likely that you'll see the effects of the rasterization.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi MEB, I hope you are doing well. Thank you so much for your response. Yes, what you said is what I wanted to say. Yes, the image got pixeled. My question is How can I export it so that I can put it on a website like RedBubble for print on demand so that the text or the design does not look pixelated like that, please? Because, it looks like these websites are only accepted  PNG file maybe. But do you please have an idea? I want to be able to export my vector designs and put them on a t-shirt in good quality. 

Thanks 

Greg

• Staff

Hi socialconnection,
RedBubble only accepts JPEG, PNG, and GIF formats. They don't accept any vector format. As long as you provide the pixel dimensions they require you shouldn't have trouble in getting a quality print. For example for "Long & Premium T-Shirts" they require 2875x3900 pixels. All product requirements - dimensions, file types, colour profiles etc - can be found on this page on their website. Some of them also have additional links to a blog post with more details/help. For example If you are interested in T-Shirts in particular check this article and this one both linked from the first page/link i indicated above.