You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD 1.7.3.481] Print is not working and crashes program

Friksel

Normally I don't work for print, so this is probably the first time I use print in Affinity Designer.

I have a file with a simple shape on it only and when I try to print this to the printer the following sequence is consistent:

- Printing the first time: Affinity Designer doesn't do anything, the printer isn't printing
- Printing a second time after this: Affinity Designer crashes and closes itself completely

Trying the above steps again after restarting again and again everytime the exact same thing happens.

The printer is working fine, never had any problems with it and when I print with other software there's no problem at all; the printer immediately prints without any problem in other software.

See attachment for the used designer-file.

testfile.afdesign

[edit] The problem seems to be in the custom printer profile file. When using the default settings there's no problem printing. But when using an earlier saved printer profile the problem as described above arises. I've compared the settings of the default settings with my custom printer profile, but the only thing that's different seems to be that the default looks at 'defined by driver'  for paper format and the custom profile is set to A4. But when I set the default profile to A4 too it still works, so that's not the problem.

The only difference I notice between the profile-settings and the default settings is that in the graphic dotted red lines appear when using the custom profile from the dropdown. Not sure what that means, as all settings in all tabs I compared seem to be exactly the same. I get the impression the older printer profile files are not compatible with the latest Designer version or there is a problem in loading/interpreting the profile file correctly?

This is how the graph looks in default settings (I only changed paper size to A4 here, but it also works when set to printer default):
default-print-settings.jpg.5c85d8fa6b166d4ba07d48717ad7429c.jpg

And this is how the graph looks with custom settings loaded by profile (see red dotted lines)
print-settings-profile.jpg.d45436a5b216f82174065b2b89efe40d.jpg 

Here's the profile: my-print-profile.profile

After some more testing I just found out it has something to do with the Printer Profile I obviously created earlier (so guess it's not the first time I print with the software).

When not chosing a custom printer profile from the list everything seems to work fine, but when chosing a printer profile the thing happens as described above.

Maybe those printer profiles were created in an earlier version of Designer and are not compatible?