You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Inline Images

Hi

I'm wondering how can one insert an image into a text frame which will behave as an inline image.  By Inline image, I mean it will move relative to the text around it should new text be added or removed from the text frame.  It's something I very often did in Indesign but cannot get it to work in the same way in Publisher.

Thanks for any insight into this.

I managed to partially find the solution to this, there is an option to make the image float with text or make it inline with text.  This works, until I apply paragraph styles to the text above or below the image after which the image placement goes wildy off where it should be.

Has anyone else experiences this?

Attached a screen shot, the inline image overlaps the text before it.  

afpublisher.jpg

Edited by Musaffar

Here are the settings I used for an image in place of a letter. It may give you some insight into what you can do with inline and pinning images.

2024437755_ScreenShot2019-12-10at10_09_39AM.png.b96ff0d35957fb01a29e71cabbdfe2f0.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

6 minutes ago, Musaffar said:

Hi

Thanks, but how do you make the inline settings toolbox appear as you have?  I can't seem to find any such settings toolbox on mine.

It is called Pinning for some reason. Go to View > Studio > Pinning and you can call it up. I will admit that I found it quite confusing at first and still do.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

FWIW, as of the versions 1.7 in all 3 Affinity apps, it is possible to create inline images in text frames using the method @carl123 mentioned in this post, like this:

473419525_InlineinText.jpg.98c0e1291654d4398f56d271011927ae.jpg

Inline in Text.afdesign was created completely in Designer version 1.7.3 on a Mac.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thanks for the feedback on this.

In the end, I managed to paste the image into the desired place (just below my line of text by adjusting the offset value in the pinning toolbox.  This seems like a good enough work around for now, but the placement of the pasted image does seem buggy - as show in my original screen shot - in which the image appeared inline but in the wrong place.

Thanks for now
Musaffar