You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing Keyboard shortcuts bug (still there!)

Rudolphus

Playing with keyboard shortcuts, after a few modifications or additions, any key I try to enter results in a message "DeadCharProcessed" in the key input box:

_bug-DeadCharProcessed.jpg.dcfa0587cdda9ca7c53bc7900a44a589.jpg

From there on I can't modify or add any shortcut. I have to restart the application and then I can add or change just a few more shortcuts before the same "DeadCharProcessed" comes back.

Looking around this forum I have found that this bug was reffered to in version 1.5.x  already: 

The topic is about APhoto, so there is a chance this bug is in whole range of Affinity apps.

• Staff

Hi Rudolphus,

Thanks for letting us know. It seems to happen after you've trigged a character input that requires a Dead Character. For example typing ç requires first pressing the dead character and then the C. Once that has done it will stop any shortcuts from being entered as you've seen. I'll get this passed on to development.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Como veo que no han contestado lo hago yo, por si hay alguien que aún le ha aparecido este error.
Me pasaba lo mismo (en Publisher) lo he resuelto cerrando la aplicación y volviendo abrir con un documento nuevo. y luego siguiendo el manual: Editar > Preferencias > Métodos abreviados de teclado > etc.

Trad. con google translator:
As I see that they have not answered, I do it, in case there is someone who has still had this error.
The same thing happened to me (in Publisher) I have solved it by closing the application and reopening with a new document. and then following the manual: Edit> Preferences> Keyboard Shortcuts> etc.

• 2 years later...

Just happened to me with Designer V2. I had the Greek keyboard selected when I tried to add the shortcut and got this bug. Restarting the app with a new doc let me bypass this and add the right shortcuts with the EN keyboard.

Current Workstation:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 - MOBO: Asus B450 - RAM: 16GB DDR4 2667Mhz - GPU: AMD Radeon 7850 1GB
NVMe SSD: Crusial P3 1TB M.2 -  SSD: Samsung Evo 850 256GB  - PSU: XFX TS450 - OS: Win10