You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Possible to run a batch installer that would auto input product keys for all products?

As per subject! And install everything with one click in windows at least? Not sure you can do with mac, but would be useful too!

Edit: I basically want to know if there is a parameter to pass to the exe to auto add the product key when the installer is running and make silent (no clicks needed), so you can get a chain done to auto install all. And if something similar is available for mac too, as I have all 3 apps for both platforms to install from time to time

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, I mean create some sort of batch file for one, two or all three apps (or a standalone exe file) and run all of them if the installers are within the same folder for example with the batch file/apps already configured once with all the products keys. In other words create a silent batch installer. From time to time I like to format my machines and reinstall everything clean.

It's a bit of a system admin type of tools, you bundle all the latest exe files in a folder, you just run the preconfigured batch and go for your coffee, come back all installed and ready to use.

If you're a commercial shop, with enough licenses to qualify for the volume discount program, you'll have access to a "silent install" function, I believe.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

All good, a bit of googling and experimentation, found it, it's a msi installer, you need to go to command line, type => product-name.exe /extract

You will get all instructions to make it silent, add user/product key and disable the steps. Hope it useful to others.

For anyone who wants to create a chain of installers, always check the exe installer adding /? after the full filename

Edit: still need to convert every new exe version into msi, so not helpful, I needed to pass the parameters to exe directly from a bat file, seems not possible.

Try OS macro, like https://www.autohotkey.com

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

1 hour ago, Nico said:

For anyone who wants to create a chain of installers, always check the exe installer adding /? after the full filename

1 hour ago, Nico said:

Edit: still need to convert every new exe version into msi, so not helpful, I needed to pass the parameters to exe directly from a bat file, seems not possible.

Not sure what you mean concrete here, since passing over parameters as arguments from a batch file, or a win scripting host script, or Powershell script is easily possible.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

12 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

Not sure what you mean concrete here, since passing over parameters as arguments from a batch file, or a win scripting host script, or Powershell script is easily possible.

The exe file seems not a valid file for msiexec, tried powershell

The converted msi through /extract which gives you a gui to add email and product key works through msiexec and install silently using msiexec /i affinity-photo-1.7.3.msi

The point is that I want to use a bat file to trigger all the exe files (together with other software), and download any new version into the usb stick folder with win10 installer and chain things, I do not want to convert each exe into msi as they get updated.

My idea was sort of this to work:

msiexec /i affinity-photo-1.7.3.exe email=###### productkey=######## or whatever are the actual parameters for this

AFAIK Affinity already offers and supports an alternative silent installation of their software, so before reinventing the wheel or spending too much time with own repackaging tryout procedures, you can ask first their customer service how to perform this. - Then with those infos you can maybe make an installment script for all Affinity apps at once, if that is your intention.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• Staff

Hi Nico :)

Unfortunately this isn't something we officially support for single license users, unless you have purchased a multi-seat commercial license as previously mentioned above.

I understand your reasoning for wanting an easily installable .exe file that does not require a product key, however the creation of such a file could be easily distributed illegally which is why we do not support this, apologies!

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

Hi Nico :)

Unfortunately this isn't something we officially support for single license users, unless you have purchased a multi-seat commercial license as previously mentioned above.

I understand your reasoning for wanting an easily installable .exe file that does not require a product key, however the creation of such a file could be easily distributed illegally which is why we do not support this, apologies!

Hi Dan, I respect your side. All I was looking for is to be able to allow parameters to the exe, or distribute directly the msi files that allow parameters from command line to be silent, and add user and product key. It would not affect anything regarding piracy compared to what's now as you can still /extract the exe into msi with user/key embedded anyway and distribute that copy ready to install if you want. This would allow to simple chain multiple affinity applications together with other installations (Firefox, chrome...) once a win10 clear installation is done, and new versions would just be a download and copy in the existing folder as the process is managed by a batch file independently.

I understand there are other solutions with automation software like autoit or autohotkey, but doesn't look as simple and elegant. Best would probably to use something similar to NPM like Chocolatey, but unlike the web, doesn't look it has ever taken off for standard software. At least commercial ones, blame the rise of the subscription models and all those proprietary "launchers".

Thanks anyway to everyone.