You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.3 Crashes upon Filter->Apply Image->

jmliss

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey Jonathan,

I've reproduced this and passed it to the developers for investigation. I can only seem to crash it when using Min/Max though. Other equations seem fine.

Hi Chris, It works great for me ... but it's a bit trickier with the german UI ... instead of DR,DG,DB and SR,SG,SB there is ZR, ZG, ZB and QR,QG,QB in German. The equation doesn't work with that. But if I change before to e.g. grey scales and immediately back in RGB DR,DG,DB and SR,SG,SB is displayed correctly in the German UI. And then the equation works! I have to say, I'm not an expert at applying equations. This is quite new for me. Maybe it's just me who's making the mistake.

PS. I tried uploading a video, but it didn't work.

Greetings, Puck

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey Jonathan,

I've reproduced this and passed it to the developers for investigation. I can only seem to crash it when using Min/Max though. Other equations seem fine.

Chris, correct, and what I found interesting is that if you follow the steps in the youtube video I sent, it didn't crash, only one I did the one equation. Also, I tried to record the steps from the video and it didnt really work, could be operator error on my part.

• Staff

Hi all,

James and I spent a while yesterday looking into this and have identified a few issues that need addressing.

I'm not sure why the video didn't upload Puck. I have seen a few people mention failed uploads recently—we really should look into this! If you manage to get it uploaded I'm more than happy to do some additional testing :) 

3 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hi all,

James and I spent a while yesterday looking into this and have identified a few issues that need addressing.

I'm not sure why the video didn't upload Puck. I have seen a few people mention failed uploads recently—we really should look into this! If you manage to get it uploaded I'm more than happy to do some additional testing :) 

Hi Chris, I just tried again. The video is being uploaded, but is only displayed as a black rectangle and can't be played. The file format is .mov

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz