You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What file formats in affinity photo supports lab and cmyk colour models?

52 minutes ago, MxHeppa said:

What file formats in affinity photo supports lab and cmyk colour models?

For image files, of the supported formats only the TIFF format supports both LAB and CMYK. JPEG supports CMYK. PNG doesn't support either.

Those are not Affinity Photo limitations, but file format limitations.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Basically, it is correct, that jpg is lossy. But, I bet, you won‘t see the difference, if you are using a low or very low compression rate. Especially when you are talking about CMYK. This implies, these images are used for printing purposes (there is no other use of CMYK images). Just be aware, that you need typically 16 x 16 image pixels to display one(!) screening dot in print (150 lpi, 60 l/cm screening). So a moderate jpg compression normally won‘t be noticed on screen and definitely not at all in print.

3 hours ago, mac_heibu said:

Basically, it is correct, that jpg is lossy. But, I bet, you won‘t see the difference, if you are using a low or very low compression rate. Especially when you are talking about CMYK. This implies, these images are used for printing purposes (there is no other use of CMYK images). Just be aware, that you need typically 16 x 16 image pixels to display one(!) screening dot in print (150 lpi, 60 l/cm screening). So a moderate jpg compression normally won‘t be noticed on screen and definitely not at all in print.

if picture goes heavy processing after saving (like i make some things own pictures). i cannot do place type thing without loading pictures to process picture what i allready have. at least i dont know. and big files today is not problem.

5 hours ago, MxHeppa said:

if picture goes heavy processing after saving (like i make some things own pictures). i cannot do place type thing without loading pictures to process picture what i allready have. at least i dont know. and big files today is not problem.

Unfortunately I don‘t understand a word. So, I have no idea at all, how this is related to your former post and my answer …