You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there.

Hope you can help with this, there seems to be a limit on both RAM usage and Disk usage set to 65536 MB I have both limits set to max as I have very big files that I dont want to be limited by this.

My computer is a MAC pro with 1TB SSD and 128 g of ram. I am working on a 2.1 gb file and already getting disk usage warnings every few seconds which makes it unusable, since the popup dialog locks the interface until you hit OK. 

I am testing this for work as a replacement for.. of course Photoshop and things have been great and we were close to moving on to a second phase in testing; however is this is a big architecture internal limit of Affinity Photo that wont or cant be changed in the near future will mean all testing to stop right now.

So hopefully this has a workaround for now.

Ignore the sliders and try typing in your own (higher) values

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

That must be a MAC issue then as I can do it on Windows

Someone with access to a MAC will follow up on this for you.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

10 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi edlo,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
I'm checking this with the dev team (i'm seeing the same thing here). Shouldn't be happening.

Hi MEB, thanks for taking a look; so you can also type in higher than 65536 MB values in the MAC version?

Because I can for sure type in values lower than this, yet not beyond this 65536 MB limit.

• 2 years later...
On 10/17/2019 at 12:40 PM, MEB said:

Hi edlo,
Currently the RAM Usage Limit is indeed capped to 64 Gb. I'm still waiting feedback from the dev team regarding extending the limit. I will get back to you as soon as I have some news.

Any update? It’s 2022 and PCs having 128 GB show up more frequently, and users who try to edit gigapixel images. 

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.