There are a lot of good things about Affinity Photo but in some areas it falls behind Photoshop. With a new version on the way, I hope some of these things were fixed. Macro recording and playback really needs improvement and is too limited.
1) Document and canvas resize won't allow resizing by %
2) The Macro recording is quite poor compared to Photoshop scripts. Can't copy/paste image layer (Macro will paste the same image copied during recording).
3) Can't record a fill layer with a selected color.
4) Can't record moving an adjustment layer to be a child of another layer.
5) No ability to pause/continue macro playback. No ability to insert note instructions.
6) Can't record use of plugins with settings (Photoshop can).
7) Once a step is recorded in a macro, it can't be deleted, just unchecked. To shorten the macro, you must start over.
8) Selection visibility should be able to be turned off and on while still active.