Jump to content

max1josef

Members
  • Content Count

    32
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About max1josef

  • Rank
    Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi all, this bug is present on both, release and beta build (1.9.0.863) of publisher, so I'm not sure if this is the correct sub forum. This simple SVG example file (see attachment) contains two rectangles, each with a stroke width of 10mm. On the red rectangle the paint-order of the stroke has been changed, so the stroke lies behind the fill: Remark: this is a plain SVG files with no Inkscape specific extensions. It is also rendered correctly by e.g. Firefox. When I embed this SVG file into a publisher document, the paint order is ignored (and so are the colours, but this is not the point here) (wrong colours due to inadvertently CMYK setting) Testetd with: 1.9.0.863 This bug is not new to 1.9, it is also present in version 1.8 (version 1.8 showed at least correct colours, but maybe I have not set up my beta environment properly?) Greetings max1josef stroke-behind-test.svg
  2. In principle this works. Now the missing font appears in font manager and a drop down list is offered. But regardless which substition I choose, it always falls back to TimesNewRoman. Yep. I don't bother about font substitution any longer. As a workaround, I create my document in 1.8 and only for PDF export I open it in 1.9 beta.
  3. In an embeddedd PDF the font "Swiss721BT-Roman" is used, which is not installed on my system (Windows 10). So I tried to assign a substition font by means of font manager. But in the font manager the missing font is not listed, so I don't know how to do this. Just in case that there is a quick and simple solution. If not, I'll wait for upcoming version 1.9 and then use PDF pass-through-mode.
  4. I already use the Title field for the title which I insert into the page header. What I miss in publisher are user defined fields (like in LibreOffice Writer). Or do they exist?
  5. I use the field "filename" in my publisher document, say "bulletin001.afpub". When I export this document to a PDF with filename "report001.pdf", the fields in the document are updated to the name of the exported file. I'd prefer to have the original filename "bulletin001.afpub" showing up even in the exported PDF. Is there a setting to achieve this?
  6. Thanks for the hint (which helps me getting more and more familiar with Affinity's user interface). I don't need "Interpret"-mode so far, but good to know that it's there. Now that I know how to toggle between "Passthrough" and "Interpret", I have to partially revert this: the bug has no affect in "Passthrough" mode, but is still there in "Interpret" mode (as one could expect). So far no big deal for me, as I currently only need "Passthrough" mode. PS: this support forum is really great. A big thank to all the patient and helpful users! PPS No offence intended! We use "Software complains" as a short colloquial expression for "Software reports an error/warning".
  7. Correction: the bug has no effect in "Passthrough" mode, but still exists In "Interpret"-mode.
  8. I just tried it out and it actually works 🙂! I didn't find the the "pass through" vs. "editable" setting, but the default seems to be "pass through" and that is all I need! And even the above mentioned bug is solved! 🙂 I'm really looking forward to the final release of version 1.9!
  9. That sounds great, I'll give it a try. Maybe the new version also solves the bug, which I justed posted here (at least in "pass through" mode).
  10. 1) I created a designer document with two text objects: one formatted in Segoe Script and one in Segoe Print. (see attached file "Text with Segoe Script and Segoe Print.afdesign") 2) I exported this document to PDF (still looks fine) (see attached file "Text with Segoe Script and Segoe Print.pdf") 3) I created a publisher document and placed the PDF from step 2 into it. Here is how it looks like in publisher (the text in Segoe Print looks fine, but Segoe Script is totally scrambled. Maybe it is because of the excessive use of ligatures(?) in Segoe Script to get smooth transitions between the glyphs) (see attached file "Text with Segoe Script and Segoe Print.afpub") Text with Segoe Script and Segoe Print.afdesign Text with Segoe Script and Segoe Print.afpub Text with Segoe Script and Segoe Print.pdf
  11. That's a pity, but thanks for the answer. (Maybe an item for the wish list?). BTW: even if a font is installed, text in imported PDF can get scrambled. I have a massive problem with the the font Segoe Script. I'll try to create a simple example and post a bug report.
  12. To be more precise: Publisher not only tells me that the fonts are missing, it displays the document with a replacement font. As long as I don't want to edit the PDF, publisher should use the embedded font to render the PDF correctly, as a PDF-Viewer does.
  13. Hi When I place PDF-Documents into Publisher (Windows-Version), it complains about missing fonts, although the fonts are embedded in the PDF. I don't want to edit the PDF, so I don't need the fonts to be installed on my system. Greetings max1josef
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.