Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About ELinder

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Matt, I'm glad to hear that it's been fixed internally. However, when the list of fixes for the beta versions always include lines like "miscellaneous bug fixes and crash fixes" how are we to know what is or is not covered by that? I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're going to have beta versions, it needs to be done more systematically. Do you want people to just use the betas and generally see what happens, or do you want them to hammer specific problem areas? The list of specific things that are being worked for each release needs to include the bug numbers. Failing that at least give the registered beta testers the ability to read a bug tracking log to see what's fixed, what's actively being worked on, or still in the queue to be looked at. Erich
  2. Divide is still broken in this release candidate.
  3. No response here either? I fear the fix for this is such a major boolean re-write that they're pushing off a fix until they go to version 2 of the program. Erich
  4. This bug has been previously reported by many people and for a long time. Is it finally going to be addressed in this 1.9 cycle?
  5. Thanks for the confirmation. I've tried multiple ways, and duplicate paths are the most flexible. Erich
  6. Is it not possible to have multiple text sections on the same part of a path? Whenever I start a new text section it automatically goes to the other side of my path. For example, I'm trying to move "England" next to "New Zealand", but when I drag it around it is upside down on the wrong side of the path. If I highlight select it and use the Reverse Text Path tool it reverses everything on that path, not just the highlighted text section. The only way I've been able to figure out how to do this is multiple duplicates of the same path and have each word on a different identical path, or to add a lot of spaces to the text and make it all one huge line on the same path. Erich
  7. Almost a year and 5 updates later, and the divide function bug is still present in Designer Mac 1.8.4. That's just plain ridiculous for a core program function. Erich
  8. I quite like that! I was struggling a bit with keeping the definition of the teeth in the middle from spreading out too much. Erich
  9. Yeah, that could work, and it's better than using an inner glow with the background color since the final background won't be a solid color as it is in this example. I'd still like to know if there's a way to put a gradient transparency across each tooth. Erich
  10. I'm trying to figure out a way to apply a transparency to the edges of cog teeth so they blend together with the background along the long edge of the teeth for each individual tooth. Is there a way to do this? So for the image, I want the brighter teeth to blend into the background so the long edges of each tooth is feathered. cog-tooth-fade-edges.afdesign
  11. Thank you again, that did the trick! I can now export directly from Designer to SVG and into Lightwave3D without going thru any other programs. Erich
  12. Thanks for looking at the files. Using the Flatten Transforms solves the positional errors (although I thought I had tried that before), but the colors are still not brought over. Everything is 0,0,0 black. That's what's so bizarre, the exact same SVG imported to Pixelmator Pro (or any number of programs) does carry over the colors. The SVG I re-export from Pixelmator Pro when imported to Lightwave3D does carry over the colors, but the SVG from Designer does not. Designer is doing something different with respect to how it writes the colors for each area into the SVG. Erich
  13. I've found something odd when using an SVG file exported from Designer 1.8.3 Mac. I created something simple in Designer, converted everything to curves, used Separate Curves to expand the hole cutout polygons, and exported as an SVG. When I import that into my 3D program Lightwave3D, I get strange results. If I take that same SVG file, import it into Pixelmator Pro, and re-export it as an SVG without changing anything, it properly imports into Lightwave3D. I've tried various combinations of the SVG export options in the More dialog, but still no dice. Is this a Designer export bug, or simply some other version of SVG file format? SVG-file-versions.zip
  14. I took the above example scene and operated on only the inner wedge of curves. When adding you can see that not only are co-positional points not properly welded together, but extra points are added where they should not be. The further example has the history also saved to it. Erich error_example-further.afdesign
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.