You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adobe Fonts won't work in Affinity Publisher 1.7.3

I created a 30+ page document for a client in Affinity Publisher using 2 Adobe Fonts (Paralucent and Proxima Nova). Purchased fonts. I have reopened the document for 5th set of revisions after no problems and now these fonts have defaulted to Lucida. I cannot even replace them. The font menu just shows a question mark and the name ? Proxima and the other font will not even load. I cannot replace using Font Manager. I have deleted and re-installed the fonts into Fontbook with no success.

I really hope this can be resolved. I abandoned Adobe to support Serif Affinity Products hoping for a competitor, but I am wasting a lot of time and energy on trying to make it work. I truly dread going back to Adobe but may have no choice. I don't think these products are mature enough to truly compete. Can anyone help?

• Staff

I've just downloaded your file and activated the Paralucent and Proxima Nova fonts from Adobe and it loaded and recognized the fonts fine.

It might be worth us seeing your fonts if you could upload to the above link.

Do you see the fonts in the font dropdown at all? Can you replace the missing font with the one you see in the list if so? If not do you see them in other apps?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

18 hours ago, JEFFHARDY.PRO said:

I created a 30+ page document for a client in Affinity Publisher using 2 Adobe Fonts (Paralucent and Proxima Nova). Purchased fonts. I have reopened the document for 5th set of revisions after no problems and now these fonts have defaulted to Lucida. I cannot even replace them. The font menu just shows a question mark and the name ? Proxima and the other font will not even load. I cannot replace using Font Manager. I have deleted and re-installed the fonts into Fontbook with no success.

I really hope this can be resolved. I abandoned Adobe to support Serif Affinity Products hoping for a competitor, but I am wasting a lot of time and energy on trying to make it work. I truly dread going back to Adobe but may have no choice. I don't think these products are mature enough to truly compete. Can anyone help?

Thanks for checking this. Paralucent must have been from my TypeKit subscription (past) so that's the reason it didn't work although Proxima is (and has been) in my system and for some reason it was not working in my document. Yes, it also same issue in Affinity Designer. I had to replace every type box (and sometimes stray sentences even tho they were changed?) in my document. Is there a way to globally replace because that is painful. I uploaded the Proxima font for you. Thank you again!

• Staff

One of the font files you sent seems to be not be valid, and had warnings when installing.

I unsubscribed to the font from Adobe and installed yours and it matched up but was missing the sub types (Bold/Light/Medium).

If you have these fonts through Adobe i'd ensure you deactivate and activate the font and see if that helps. I can't see any difference between 1.7.2 and 1.7.3

If that doesn't taking a screenshot of the Font Manager might be useful.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com