You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brushes: Affinity 1.7.2 Mac version

Hi everyone!

I tried to read all the threads about brushes and did all the procedures I saw: tried to downgrade version even or install the beta version I found somewhere here, but nothing.

Both downgrade and beta ask me for product key I don't have.

I run Affinity on Mac both Photo and Designer. I need to install brushes I find free online from websites brusheezy and so, but nothing.

It always gives me same error.

When will the new update come out?

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thank you!

Anila

Edited by Anila

• Staff

Hi Anila and Welcome to the Forums,

As you've found out, we do have a brush import bug which will be resolved in the next beta/update.

As the Mac App Store doesn't allow us to keep older version on the store, the only way you could downgrade easily would be to install the previous version from here:

https://store.serif.com/update/macos/designer/1/

https://store.serif.com/update/macos/Photo/1/

Once installed, when you start them up you should have the option for a 10 day trail, which would allow you to import brushes.  As we have recently just had Windows betas that fix this issue, i suspect the Mac betas will be with us very shortly.

2 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi Anila and Welcome to the Forums,

As you've found out, we do have a brush import bug which will be resolved in the next beta/update.

As the Mac App Store doesn't allow us to keep older version on the store, the only way you could downgrade easily would be to install the previous version from here:

https://store.serif.com/update/macos/designer/1/

https://store.serif.com/update/macos/Photo/1/

Once installed, when you start them up you should have the option for a 10 day trail, which would allow you to import brushes.  As we have recently just had Windows betas that fix this issue, i suspect the Mac betas will be with us very shortly.

Thank you! I downloaded and could use the brushes for affinity but not for designer which is weird. But it's ok. If it works for affinity at least will use that one for now for what I need to do.

I hope the new version of affinity comes out soon because I really need the feature.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Hi Anila,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
If the brushes you imported are raster based brushes you can find them in the Brushes panel in Pixel Persona (the second icon below the traffic lights on the top left of the interface). Click the dropdown there on the top of the panel and select the brushes you imported (they should be at the bottom of the list).

A new Mac Designer beta that fixes the .abr import issue was released today. As I mentioned here, this means this beta can be used to generate .afbrushes files from .abr files that can then be imported into the current Mac retail 1.7.2 versions.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

4 minutes ago, R C-R said:

A new Mac Designer beta that fixes the .abr import issue was released today. As I mentioned here, this means this beta can be used to generate .afbrushes files from .abr files that can then be imported into the current Mac retail 1.7.2 versions.

thank you! will try it now!!!

9 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Anila,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
If the brushes you imported are raster based brushes you can find them in the Brushes panel in Pixel Persona (the second icon below the traffic lights on the top left of the interface). Click the dropdown there on the top of the panel and select the brushes you imported (they should be at the bottom of the list).

haha yeah I found them after a while, totally forgot about pixel persona :) thank you