what I tried:

uninstalled / reinstalled 

uninstalled, delete install directory, delete all Affinity reg keys

tried start in elevated mode

Installation went thru without any error message

Application log shows no error

System log shoes no error

No Crashdump file created in \AppData\Local\CrashDumps

I had a crash with older Version of Affinity Designer after that I couldn't start the application (had an error message). I then uninstalled this version and tried install current version

Crash dump of older version included (maybe helps understanding the issue)

thanks in advance

Chris

SetupUI.log

Setup.log

Designer_exe.7916.dmp

• Staff

Hi Chris7,

Welcome to the forums :)

We've seen a few reports of Affinity apps not loading since the latest Windows update, KB4515384. We're currently recommending to uninstall this update, as this should resolve the issue for you.

For more info please see here - 

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

9 minutes ago, Dan C said:

We're currently recommending to uninstall this update, as this should resolve the issue for you.

I am not a lawyer, but giving advice to uninstall a Security Update (https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/4515384/windows-10-update-kb4515384) may bring Serif into trouble?

Edit: I read the guidelines ;)

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

It's user choice as to whether they uninstall the update, and many users have reported that uninstalling and then reinstalling the update also fixes the issue.

We're legally covered by our guidelines here

We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any communications posted or any opinions expressed, via the Website services. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted via the Website services will be at your own risk.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2019 at 12:37 PM, Dan C said:

It's user choice as to whether they uninstall the update, and many users have reported that uninstalling and then reinstalling the update also fixes the issue.

We're legally covered by our guidelines here

Wow what a Support service so everything the Staff write here is fiction? You should take responsabilité for your actions ...Sign of times...

• Staff
22 minutes ago, Forssux said:

so everything the Staff write here is fiction?

We'd certainly hope not! This is simply legal coverage which is in place for all users, including moderators.

We're here to help, any suggestions we offer will always be the best solution (to our knowledge) and we try to make sure this is as safe and easy as possible - as there are literally endless possibilities when it comes to PC hardware, software and the internet in general - we have to make sure we are legally covered for certain events.

• Staff

I'm locking this thread before it goes any further - If any users require assistance please create a new thread.

@Forssux - please keep posts relating to one issue on your original thread here - https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/97619-photo-172-wont-start-installation-windows-10-64bit