I made a set of artboards in Designer and hoped I could open the file in Publisher with each artboard converted to a page. But apprantly this was not possible. Why should one wish to do that? Because, then it sould be exported as a multipage pdf, which in turn could be donverted to a powerpoint file. The artboards were imported into Publisher as layers, but I couyld not find a way to convert the layers to separate pages.  If Designer and Publisher had this functionality, they could together be used as a marvellous powerpoint making program.

But, still, Designer is a wonderful program. 

Örjan Widegren

Sweden

Selection when opening the designer file:

Import-Optionen.png.c0c9ecf0e0c38b62d7c8667b1be239e5.png

This article has been written with the kind assistance of DeepL.

As @Palatino shows, if you use File > Open in Publisher for a .afdesign document with multiple artboards you get a prompt to convert them to pages, which sounds like what you want, @orjwid.

But even in Designer, if you have multiple artboards, and use File > Export to create a PDF, you will get a multi-page PDF. There's no need to use Publisher for this.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta