You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher does not link to Affinity Designer (purchased with different appleID)

To whom it may concern:

As an expat, I have two Apple Store accounts for both, my original and my current country. I used my original account to buy Designer, the new account to buy Photo and Publisher. Now it seems though that publisher does not recognize Designer and I cannot link it. As far as I am informed, there is no way to port purchases between Apple Store accounts. Is there a way of linking Publisher to Designer anyway?

Thanks,

Lars

This should work with no issue:

• All apps have to be installed in the most actual versions (1.7.2.)
  • Every app had to be started after its installation at least one time.
  • All apps have to be installed in the root of you application folder, not inside an extra folder.

14 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

All apps have to be installed in the root of you application folder, not inside an extra folder.

But are the two Mac App Store accounts associated with the same or different MacOS users? And if they're associated with different users, do they share a common Application folder, or have separate folders?

(I could see it working in a couple of different ways, and not being a Mac user I can't test myself. I can only surmise based on my Windows and Linux experiences.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi nonresidentalien,

As mac_heibu has stated all applications need to be the same version (1.7.2). Judging by your description it sounds as though your Designer won't have yet updatedespecially if you've been logged into the App Store with the account that contains Publisher and Photo.

If you haven't already, log out of the App Store and then log in with the Apple ID containing the purchase of Designer and ensure this is updated to be 1.7.2.