You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I was using the color picker to chose colors and understandably got slightly different results depending on where i selected in a font. Now I have a swatch panel with a lot of slight variations of a color and would like to erase / reset the swatches panel to make it easier to pick the colors that i want. I do not know if this can be done. 

Can I produce a swatches palette of several colors for a project and save and reload them to be used in another related project?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

• Staff

Hi Etdronehome :)

As far as I know, there's no way to reset your 'Recent' swatches list currently, my apologies.

1 hour ago, Etdronehome said:

Can I produce a swatches palette of several colors for a project and save and reload them to be used in another related project?

Absolutely! If you open the Swatches Studio, you'll see a three tiered 'burger menu' icon in the top right corner of the studio. Select this, then select 'Add Application Palette'. This will create a new Palette which you can rename and add as many swatches to as you wish. This will then be saved in-app and will be available in any future document. 

'Document Palettes' are very similar, however they are specifically limited to the current document that is open. A document palette is embedded in the .afdesign file, meaning this palette will always be available, no matter which computer your file is opened on, however this won't be available in any other file, or when this specific document is not opened. 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

You can also manipulate each individual swatch by :

>Selecting the swatch  >Right-click it.

You will get a submenu with the possibilities.

You can also copy an individual swatch and place it in a newly created, empty swatch panel.

>Hamburger Menu  >Add "XXX" Palette > You'll get an empty swatch panel named "Unnamed".

Now go back to the desired color to copy : >Select the color,   >Right-click Copy  

>Go to the "Unnamed" panel and choose the Little "+" sign next to the empty panel.

The color will be placed in the panel.

>Rename the panel to your liking.