A "Select Same" option (as in Adobe Illustrator) would be incredibly useful in Designer to select objects that share the same appearance. 
That way a user could select, say, all vector objects that have the same stroke weight, or colour fill, or colour stroke, etc. 

This would make editing and recolouring complex vector files a lot less taxing and time consuming, and a lot more streamlined. 

7 hours ago, ChristiduToit said:

A "Select Same" option (as in Adobe Illustrator) would be incredibly useful in Designer to select objects that share the same appearance. 
That way a user could select, say, all vector objects that have the same stroke weight, or colour fill, or colour stroke, etc. 

This would make editing and recolouring complex vector files a lot less taxing and time consuming, and a lot more streamlined. 

Hello @ChristiduToit,

obviously you are not aware of the 16 pages long discussion about this request over at the Affinity Designer forum :D

Don't become frustrated while reading the thread. I'm sure the feature will show up sooner or later, even though there are forumsters who have started to doubt that ;-)

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.464)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.464)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.458)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

@dominik 

Thanks for the heads up!
I must admit that I was blissfully unaware of the fact that this has already been discussed in so much detail on here. :7_sweat_smile:
I don't work in vector 'that' often, so I haven't really noticed the absence of the "Select Same" feature until recently, and I figured I'd drop a post in the forum.
Moreover, I didn't realise how much I actually missed having the ability to select objects in this way, it's such a big time saver.
I'm sure that it will pop up in a future update - I'm clearly not the only one missing it.