GarryP

Are Paragraph Decoration Top/Bottom distance increases the wrong way round?

When I add a Top Paragraph Decoration and increase the Distance To Text it comes nearer to the text.

Also, when I add a Bottom Paragraph Decoration and increase the Distance To Text it comes nearer to the text.

Shouldn’t the distance to the text increase when the value increases, i.e. Distance Away From Text?

The current orientation doesn’t seem right to me.

decoration-distances.gif

I agree, seems rather non-intuitive. Another thing that strikes me is that when editing the pressure setting in the Stroke panel this doesn't work. You can only edit in the Decorations setting of the Paragraph sub-panel. The settings should synchronize in both panels.

I don’t use the Pressure settings myself but if there’s a problem with that then you should probably create a new bug report for it so that the two issues can be looked at separately (and combined, if necessary, by the developers).