You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

images suddenly darkened out (publisher)

Publisher 1.7.1

I have embedded images which suddenly changed color. Not all of them. But some suddenly are darkened, blackened. They all have transparent backgrounds. But 4 aluminium foils and one package suddenly turned color. I did nothing with them, I was working on other pages in that document today.

I see nothing in layers or taking them over to af Photo. No setting or mask or anything. Only the pixel layer is there.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-09 um 13.50.54.png

They look Negative.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Might be an idea to upload the file or that page of the apub file.

What happens if you delete the embedded images and place them again?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thanks guys.

Two days ago I placed those images into the layout and it was all good. I printed and exported the PDF, still all good. I include a screenshot from the PDF. I did not work on that page since, I only worked on the next few pages. Today then I noted those images changed. There is a cut mask with the images, but it does not affect colors. Other images with cut masks on that same page are still fine.

Here the files.

example.zip

If you add an Adjustment Invert it looks correct.
1007437643_ScreenShot2019-08-09at21_47_28.png.86b47eab8ed28207708ed5611b9d12a6.png

example with Invert adjustments added.afpub

1902219112_ScreenShot2019-08-09at21_52_55.png.66884d663e1911a34d86a5fbc999630c.png

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Wow, that is so very strange.
Yes, I know I could invert the images. But why did they got changed and how? Like I said, I did not even touch them. And they are embedded, so nothing external could have influenced this.

That is very odd, have you looked in the history panel for any clues? 

Make a copy of the document first and then using the copy scroll back in the history panel to see if and when they changed, just don't do anything to the file before you have scrolled back to the history end else you would wipe out the steps going forward, hence make a copy first just in case.