You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

24 minutes ago, It123 said:

Hi all again, after placing a gradient on a new pixel layer above the background, i cant find how to go back to that gradient re adjust it, any help?

To be able to create an editable gradient, you must first create a fill layer ("Layer" -> "New fill layer").

Me again, I've added a new fill layer and applied an adjustable gradient to it, great.  However, if I want to add a second adjustable gradient do I need to add a second fill layer on top of the stack with another gradient in it or do I have to do all selections and gradients on a single layer?   What I want to do is add gradients to selections I've made from the background; I want to add different grads to each selection. Any ideas would be very welcome, thanks 

@It123:

1. Create a selection.
  2. Select "Layer" -> "New fill layer". Your selection will be converted to a separate fill layer, and you can edit the gradient.
  3. Repeat this process for each of your selections. A new fill layer is created each time.

If you want to edit one of these fill layers later, select the gradient tool and click on the corresponding layer.

I say Photoshop because I am constantly trying to move forward but keep having to convert task which are shown using Photoshop.  While AF is a very good processor I keep finding things missing from its menus.  Thanks again for you advice, regards. 

Hello again Michail.  I've just tried your suggestion of, selection, new fill layer and gradient and it works very well for me.  This is all I've been trying to do since the start of my question.  Big thanks, you have eased my frustrations, regards Terry