I try to merge a layer with all its live filter layers , I select it (see screen shot) then I go to Layers and the merge selected option is not active. What am I missing?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 7.02.41 PM.png

Thanks but that does not work. May be there is a problem I should report, plus I want to merge only the part highlighted and nothing below it

5 hours ago, srg said:

I try to merge a layer with all its live filter layers , I select it (see screen shot) then I go to Layers and the merge selected option is not active.

What am I missing?

Another pixel layer to merge with, maybe?.

Add a blank pixel layer below the one you have highlighted and then select both and Merge Selected

Alternatively, would just Rasterising the layer produce the same result?

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

15 hours ago, srg said:

Thanks but that does not work. May be there is a problem I should report, plus I want to merge only the part highlighted and nothing below it

Group your live filters, bring it above the pixel layer and merge down. Or just like Carl said, right clicking the pixel layer and select rasterize

An other option would be to click on the image layer to select it and all its adjustments. Then right click and select Merge Visible or use the shortcut  CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+E (same as in photoshop) to merge them to a new layer.

Affinity Photo  1.7.3.481   - Beta 1.8.0.486

Windows 10 Home  1903 (build 18362.418) - 64 bit processor - AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics  1.50GHz - RAM 8,00 GB
Calibrated Monitor (Datacolor Spyder5 Pro)

Thank you everybody. I think I like merge visible because it seems to save the old layer too, and that is what I needed. Thing is that it seems to me that at time it does not work like so.