You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cropped images in Affinity Photo?

It’s cropped because the canvas is smaller than the stock image. Choose ‘Clip Canvas’ from the Document menu to clip the canvas to the image so that you can see all of it.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

It’s cropped because the canvas is smaller than the stock image. Choose ‘Clip Canvas’ from the Document menu to clip the canvas to the image so that you can see all of it.

That's very handy thanks, Alfred!  Initially, I thought that unless the canvas was in proportion then the image might end up distorted.  However, I did an experiment, where I created a new blank document with the unlikely proportions of 10,000 pixels in height and 3,000 in width.  I then pasted on a 900 x 900 pixel image.  Then did Clip Canvas and it worked just great - all proportions correct.

Jafa - Just Another Fantastic Aucklander

(Jim)

Windows 11

Affinity Photo 2.4

Lightroom 6

Nik Collection and Topaz Denoise AI

Intel Core i7 9700K @ 3.60GHz    32 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology

17 hours ago, ErrkaPetti said:

...or, make a higher resolution document ;-)

...or, scale the image so that it fits the canvas (supposedly the original canvas/document size is right and imported images will be scaled to it). It is though possible that imported images are interpreted to be 72 dpi and the bounds of the imported image are far far away beyond the canvas area.