You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v422 - Bug - Exporting JPEG results in app switching to Preview

Has been happening fairly often. An export of a JPEG in APub results in a switch from APub to Preview after the export. The resulting JPEG is not, however, opened in Preview. 

Had been using that option in APub for PDFs but that option is not there for JPEGs. I've found that I need to quit APub in order to get it to stop switching to Preview.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

Preview does come as the default application for opening PDF, JPEG, PNG etc. Some sort of bug or flag not being set.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Agreed. Preview has many, many clever uses. However, it is not an option in Affinity Publisher beta to have it open an exported JPEG. PDFs, yes, but not JPEGs. As I said, it is apparently "storing" that pref from the PDF export options and applying it erroneously to the JPEG export. That said, it would not hurt to have it as an available option for JPEGS. But it just isn't there now, so this is a bug.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

Interesting note. This is also happening in the Photo beta v146. I did find that if I went into the Export/PDF dialog and turn off the option to Preview resulting file, it no longer opens Preview after exporting a JPEG. And as stated before, JPEG export doesn't have an option for previewing the resulting file, so cannot simply uncheck it there. Not that it wouldn't be a decent option in that and other dialogs. 

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

This should be fixed in the latest beta, if the option was enabled in the PDF export setting it was persisting for non PDF exports, causing the behaviour you describe.

Thanks for ensuring it got reported.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

I read that in the beta notes, so will give it a try today. Thanks!

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.