You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF Documents Don't Print

I just finished creating a simple form for my AirBNB Short Term Rental and the PDF that I exported from Affinity Publisher won't print.  I get two messages from my Epson ET-2550 printer.  The first one reads: “The document could not be printed” and the second one reads: “A drawing error occurred”.

At first, I thought the problem could be an EPS logo that I had at the top of my document.  So I replaced it with a JPEG copy instead.  The PDF didn't print either.

Finally, I exported my document as a JPEG instead of a PDF and that does print.

In this case it doesn't really matter because my document is intended for my printer, but if I were going to press then it would be a problem.

I am attaching copies of the Publisher file, the PDF file and the two messages that I received when I tried to print.

Casa Eva Arrival Form.afpub

Casa Eva Arrival Form.jpg

Casa Eva Arrival Form.pdf

Screen shot 2019-07-05 at 1.51.33 PM.png

Screen shot 2019-07-05 at 1.51.37 PM.png

Just tried it and it printed out on my laser printer (Samsung). But the logo was not embeded, so I left it out.
Since you have Acrobat maybe you could have a preflight check of your PDF to see, what went wrong? I just did it with the one I created and it says, there are layers. Maybe that could be a problem on your printer as well. Maybe you have to create a PDF version without included layers. Just guessing..